Many users browse websites through mobile devices as it is more convenient and thus getting a Website Designed that can be easily accessed on mobile phones is in great demand. However, there are numerous terminology like being mobile friendly, responsive design and mobile optimized, that encompass a mobile. According to official Google statements, more than 50 percent of search queries globally now come from mobile devices. Hence, mobile can just not be ignored.
Since mobile devices range from handhelds to tablets, it is crucial to understand how a website shall display on the variable formats.
A mobile friendly website is a site that exhibits precisely between a desktop/laptop computer and a mobile device like a handheld phone (iPhone, Android, Blackberry) or tablets (iPad, Kindle, Galaxy, etc.). Though the design and content of the site appears smaller on a phone and it might not work flawlessly on a touchscreen tablet, a mobile friendly website will be perfectly functional. Many developers see mobile friendly as a “best practice” for all website designs and developments.
What are the indispensable features of a mobile friendly website?
A mobile friendly website must adhere to the following features:
- Text-based phone numbers, physical addresses, or email addresses that can activate a call, directions, or email message from a mobile device
- Images or slideshows spinners that function without Flash support (since Adobe Flash is not supported by Apple and some other mobile devices)
- Small image sizes to allow for fast loading over mobile connections
- A mobile optimized site is an advanced website meaning that it can reformat itself for handheld or tablet devices. Larger navigation buttons, reformatted content, and differently optimized images and content appear when the user is on an iPhone or other device.
What are good formatting elements that are essential for a mobile optimized site?
Some good formatting elements that are essential for a mobile optimized site are:
- Easy to understand navigation that is finger friendly with big touchpoints, specifically for critical contact information
- Compact graphics that do not disturb the search for critical information like product listings or c content
- Avoiding typing by users unless required
Mobile browsing using smartphones and tablets is increasing at a very fast pace. The user’s urge for instant fulfillment of their informational requirements requires effective delivery of a product or service through the mobile networking.
The importance of mobile optimization
Users are spending maximum time discovering all kinds of content through their mobile. As per a recent survey by Google, maximum searches are now performed on mobile than on desktop. In BrightEdge’s 2017 mobile study, it was found that 57% of all online traffic occurred on smartphones and tablets. Email Monday found that between 15 and 70 percent of emails opened on mobile devices, depending on your targeted customers. Hence, it becomes essential to ensure that the development procedure comprises finest practices and technology for accomplishing an efficient mobile representation of an online existence of a product or service. A superior mobile application of a website is a vital step in the mobile optimization world.
The increasing traffic that heads to a website from mobile devices is reason enough to get a website optimized for mobile devices, and very soon Google shall prioritize crawling mobile sites over desktop sites. With the arrival of Google’s mobile-first index, executing the cross-platform, cross-device, cross-compatible website has now become a huge urgency, meaning one can no longer delay mobile optimization. And remember, not having the right mobile implementation can cost you in many ways.